HIV daughter, spreading it around

I just found out a few hours ago that my daughter has AIDS/HIV. (+KS ect) She has AIDS/HIV and is still having unprotected sex with MANY men. I have a moral obligation to report her but to whom do I report it to? PLEASE HELP ME. My daughter and her Ex are separated (he was neg) yet she deliberately had sex with him over the Christmas Holidays. She's angry and no doubt did it as a payback or she is in extreme denial. Can I force her to get treatment? She is severely mentally ill. I'm scared for my granddaughter now as her mother is + and refuses treatment and has now possibly given it to my granddaughters father as well. (my mother has custody of the baby) Also, my youngest daughter stays there and I know my oldest daughter has been using her razor. She is getting tested Monday and is scared to death. Please please help me, this is so urgent. I am so devastated.

Response from Dr. Horwath

Some Health Departments will do contact tracing at the request of an HIV infected person, but I'm not sure what they would do with a report from a family member. You can certainly speak to the local department of health and ask their advice.

As for your daughter having sex, she should inform her partners of her status, but it is important to remember that anyone engaging in sex is responsible for protecting themselves by using condoms. Your daughter may be acting recklessly and unethically, but people having unprotected sex with anyone else are taking the risk of infection with HIV and a variety of sexually transmitted diseases.

No, you cannot force her to get treatment. But you can speak to her and encourage her to take better care of herself and get medical treatment. Your other daughters are not at risk of HIV infection just by living with her. HIV is not transmitted by casual contact, like living together, sharing eating utensils, etc. They should avoid using the same razor, although this is relatively low risk.

moderate alcohol
hiv treatment in prisons