Survival

My step- sister is suffering from Aids.Her husband died due the same reason with recurring Hepatitis and Dysentry.Right now she was admitted to a hospital for ten days.It was the third time in last 6 months. She was admitted for symptoms of Fever,Cough,Generalised Tremor,Molluscum Contagiosm.But she has developed periodic Strokes of svere head ache initiated with sweating ,lasting for 5-7 minutes and sub-conciously passing of urine and stools and also occasional vomitting and unconciousness.They are in a small town in Karnatka-INDIA.She is the following drugs at present Tab.Polar S 200 mg 1-0-1 Tab.Septran 2 1-0-1 Tab.Odivir 400mg. 1-0-1 Tab.Polybion 1-1-1 Tab.Sompras 40 mg. 1-0-0 Tab.Valance OD 0-0-1 Cap. Bifilac HP 1-0-1 Syp. Mucodyne tsf 2-0-2 syp.Sucralfil O 2 tsf 2-0-2 Please help us to relieve her from this head ache and if u could tell us the reason of the head ache. We cannot see her bearing this pain .What do you think is approximate expectancy of her life ?

Response from Dr. Horwath

I cannot tell you the cause of these symptoms, but headaches accompanied by sweating, incontinence, vomiting and loss of consciousness, are probably a sign of a severe infection, and may be a sign of an infection involving the central nervous system (such as meningitis or encephalitis).

It is best to ask her doctors about her diagnosis and prognosis. It is also important to ask the doctors to give her an appropriate medication to relieve her pain. I hope that her pain can be relieved, and I also pray that your family may have some comfort .

So Why Should I Care?
aids