|Must fungi infection be reLated to AIDs or HIv
Feb 14, 2006
Is fungi infection which causes genital itches and inflamation provoked by immuno supression? What anti-fungal drug can better treat this inflammed portion?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
Immunosuppression (like that caused by HIV) causes an increased vulnerability to various fungal infections. However, some parts of the body are common areas for fungal infections of the skin because of sweating and moisture. This can include the groin, genital area, feet, etc. These types of fungal infection can occur in people with healthy immune systems and often respond to over-the-counter antifungal creams. However, if the problem is severe or more extensive, then a medical evaluation to find the cause should be done.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Environmental And Lifestyle Factors Related To Hiv
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.