My 11 year old is sad all of the time

My 11 year old daughter is sad all of the time. She always walks around the house with a frown on her face. She constantly cries for no reason. Nothing my wife and I do seems to cheer her up. Is this normal for the changes her body is going through due to her age, or is it some signs of depression?

Response from Dr. Horwath

No, this is not normal for her age. You should ask her pediatrician for a referral to a good child psychiatrist. She should be evaluated and treated. The persistent sadness and crying, and the inability to respond to you and your wife are signs of depression and should be treated.

What's the prognosis?
Must fungi infection be reLated to AIDs or HIv