Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Need Help
Feb 9, 2006

I was diagnosed with HIV when I was pregnant with my daughter who is now 6 yrs old. She is negative. Although I went on treatment for her then, I have been off meds and undetectable since. My husband, who I have been seperated from due to his unwillingness to accept has been in denial since the day we found out. He is diabetic has had 2 strokes in the last 2yrs and today,he has been unable to keep anything down for the last two weeks. He has wasted away down to nothing and I still can't get him to go see a doctor. How long can he go own like this? What would his condition be called. Although he has not been tested, it is obvious he has Aids. Is there anything I can do to help him.

Response from Dr. Horwath

He needs to be willing to go for help. I don't think that you can be of assistance with his illness if he isn't willing to get treatment. You can be present for him and provide comfort, but he is making it impossible to provide more substantial help.

Previous
too low
Next
Immunity or not

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.