Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

monogamous relationship
Feb 9, 2006

my life partner have been together for 1yr. and in that one yr. we have never used protection and he has not contracted hiv from me and i am a bottom so will he or how likely is it that he will. plus everytime i've gone into an hive chat room the only tops which are few and far between never got it from topping . they got it from bottoming .

Response from Dr. Horwath

The risk of transmitting HIV is greater with receptive anal intercourse (bottoming) than with insertive anal intercourse (topping). However, unprotected intercourse of any kind has a substantial risk of transmitting HIV infection. You should not assume that it is safe just because you have gotten away with it so far.

Previous
Terrified
Next
worried with professional life

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.