monogamous relationship

my life partner have been together for 1yr. and in that one yr. we have never used protection and he has not contracted hiv from me and i am a bottom so will he or how likely is it that he will. plus everytime i've gone into an hive chat room the only tops which are few and far between never got it from topping . they got it from bottoming .

Response from Dr. Horwath

The risk of transmitting HIV is greater with receptive anal intercourse (bottoming) than with insertive anal intercourse (topping). However, unprotected intercourse of any kind has a substantial risk of transmitting HIV infection. You should not assume that it is safe just because you have gotten away with it so far.

Terrified
worried with professional life