Question about testing

I had unprotected sex with a female that i didn't know very well. She told me about an ex boyfriend she had from Africa. I have been obsessed about hiv. I found a company off the National HIV testing resources website called Access Medical Screens.I tested negative for HIV-1 and HIV-2. The lab they sent me to was Labcorp. I got the results really quick within a couple of days by phone. Can I trust these results?

Response from Dr. Horwath

Labcorp is a recognized and reputable laboratory testing company. You have no reason to doubt these results. You should know that it may take up to 3 months after an exposure for the HIV antibody test to turn positive.

You should also know that your best protection is to always practice safe sex (use condoms). The HIV antibody test will not prevent HIV infection, but only inform you of it after the fact.

ADC Advice
HIV common request