HIV

Hi, my fiance fell last night on some ice outside and in the process broke some holiday items he was carrying. When I went to pick pieces up, I realized that the one thing I picked up was a needle top, it did not have a syringe just the needle, but it did have a plastic cover over it. Is there any way I could have contracted anything from just being that up bear handed. I don't know whose it was, it was in the middle of the street obviously where it should not have been. I came inside and washed thoroughly, but I have a low immune sytem to begin with from not having a spleen so i am very paranoid. thank you for your help!!!

Response from Dr. Horwath

No, there is no risk from contact with just the plastic cover of a needle.

Depression
Depression