Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A word of encoragement
Jan 20, 2006

Dr. Horwath,

I just read the question you entitled: ":Suddenly SUPER depressed with HIV." I would be elated if you passed my e-mail or comments on to him, or even post it in your next release.

Whoever he has been talking to may not know any real long term survivors/progressors who have lived beyond his supposed timeframes. I got stuck in a medical institution with a dirty bloody needle in 1984 or 1985. I found out in 1990 that I was positive with a CD4 count of 400. I was devestated, but because of my faith and my use of herbs, here I am 22 years late strong and healthy and living live very happily. I just started meds February of 2004 with a CD4 cound of 16, and a viral load of 536,000! Yet, other than respiratory, non HIV related, I was healthy. So, he needs to know that medical science can only estimate timeframes, expectancies, and numbers. A healthy outlook, faith, and safe practices coupled with a healthy diet can possibly circumvent what he has heard. I am living proof of this, and my doctors were all amazed by my story. So, live and be will and Thrive!

Response from Dr. Horwath

Here, here!!

Previous
Depression, rates of success in treating
Next
Ten years after protected sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.