Some encouragement Please!

Dear Dr. H: You recently answered a man who had been poz for six years and felt great despair because of his limited life expectancy. I've been poz since 1987. I was in my 30's then and it was a death sentence. The docs gave me "maybe two years" to get my affairs in order. Well, it's nearly two decades later. I have no viral load and CD4's of about 500. I feel quite certain I'll make it to the bibilical three score and ten myself and he'll probably go beyond that number because he's had better drugs for a lot longer than I did. (Heck, I remember well when AZT was brand new!) Despair? Hell, he should be feeling elation at the prospect of a long and relatively healthy life with this virus! That's what is possible today -without major heroics. Just ordinary treatment. What may happen tomorrow is anyones' guess. But barring suicide or total neglect of treatment - we're all going to be a here for much longer than we dreamed possible several years ago... And it's time we were telling this to the younger guys. IT's not a death sentence anymore!

Response from Dr. Horwath

Three cheers for your positive outlook, and for getting back to living your life!

THIS is the answer people need!
Depression, rates of success in treating