health dept. calling me
Jan 12, 2006
I am starting to get nervous about the health dept. contacting me. What is my obligation to them. I understand that my doctor had to release my positive status, but why does this case worker need me to come into her office to have a visit. I have received phone calls and now I am getting "urgent" documents in the mail with the case worker's cell phone number for me to call. What exactly am I supposed to do?
Response from Dr. Horwath
I don't know where you live, but some health departments do contact sexual partners to inform them of possible exposure to HIV infection (or other transmissible infections, like the other sexually transmitted diseases). You are probably being contacted in an attempt to identify your sexual partners and perform this function. Give the case worker a call and you can clarify what this is about.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Feet An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Fever After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.