health dept. calling me

I am starting to get nervous about the health dept. contacting me. What is my obligation to them. I understand that my doctor had to release my positive status, but why does this case worker need me to come into her office to have a visit. I have received phone calls and now I am getting "urgent" documents in the mail with the case worker's cell phone number for me to call. What exactly am I supposed to do?

Response from Dr. Horwath

I don't know where you live, but some health departments do contact sexual partners to inform them of possible exposure to HIV infection (or other transmissible infections, like the other sexually transmitted diseases). You are probably being contacted in an attempt to identify your sexual partners and perform this function. Give the case worker a call and you can clarify what this is about.

No highs, lots of lows
stimulants (dextroamphetamine, provigil) depression, hiv fatigue