citalopram

i have been on citalopram for 5years now and i wonder about coming off it but worry that i will become depressed again and also i suffered from panic attacks as well? and i wonder if i will always have to take it my doctor initially put me on it for hormonal reasons

Response from Dr. Horwath

The only way to know for sure is to have a trial off the citalopram. There are studies of people with recurrent major depression that show that the risk of depression relapse is high in those who stop the antidepressant medication. However, I don't know of any long-term studies with citalopram.

In people who have had only one episode of depression, long term treatment (beyond 1 year or so) may not be necessary, and we usually attempt a trial off of the antidepressant.

Positive Lover considers cuddling to be enough sex
mania