Which has the better effect
Jan 5, 2006
I am taking xanax 1-1.5mg per day. I want to switch to the extended release formula that you had recommended in another post. Is it as powerful in relieveing anxiety and panic as the regular xanax? Will i develop a tolerance to xanax where it wont't work anymore?
Response from Dr. Horwath
The extended release form is just as effective as the regular Xanax. The main difference is that you only need to take it once/day.
Some people do develop tolerance to Xanax, and require an increase in dose, but this is not inevitable. Many people benefit from the medication and are able to remain on a stable dose.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- What Are Vaginal Odor, Dizziness, Headache And Diarrhea Signs Of?
- Can Low Immune System Cause Delayed Seroconversion?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.