Which has the better effect

I am taking xanax 1-1.5mg per day. I want to switch to the extended release formula that you had recommended in another post. Is it as powerful in relieveing anxiety and panic as the regular xanax? Will i develop a tolerance to xanax where it wont't work anymore?

Response from Dr. Horwath

The extended release form is just as effective as the regular Xanax. The main difference is that you only need to take it once/day.

Some people do develop tolerance to Xanax, and require an increase in dose, but this is not inevitable. Many people benefit from the medication and are able to remain on a stable dose.

neuropathy and mental problems
Suddenly SUPER depressed with HIV