depression and tired

Hi, I suffered from bad anxiety and panic attacks, but two years ago i was put on buspar...it saved my life i felt completely normal ..but then recently it stopped working and i had bad panic attacks i am constantly irritable and everyone has noticed the change. My doctor prescribed lexapro and i never felt more scared with the side effects it felt like a constant adrenaline rush. i am still taking 30mg of buspar and he said i cannot increase the dose and gave me xanax. I dont feel myself at all even though the xanax gets rid of panic attacks . What medications do you think i should discuss with my doctor that wont cause increased anxiety. All i want to do is get back to normal...please help!!

Response from Dr. Horwath

BuSpar and Xanax are excellent drugs for anxiety. Xanax is especially effective for panic attacks. If you don't feel that you are yourself, talk to your doctor about adjusting dose or switching to the Xanax XL (extended release) which you can take once/day and some people describe as being better tolerated.

If you couldn't tolerate Lexapro, then probably the other SSRIs are not for you either.

drug Interaction with HIV meds and Lamisil
Anxiety and stress