Violence and depression + drugs

My husband was diagnosed with AIDs an year 1/2 ago, after being pos since 1984 and just has become so selfish, raging mad, doing crack, and says he has just given up. He was hitting me and the child and has threatened to blow my brains out if I put him out of my home. I have been forced to leave my own home and he is still there. He doesn't feel he is doing anything wrong and that we have all turned our back on him, yet he will do nothing to make the situation any better and grows angrier with each day. He has even threatened to kill other people and himself. What could be causing this behavior? What do I do?

Response from Dr. Horwath

You and your child need to stay away from him until he gets better control of himself. If he has made overt threats to kill people, then the police should be involved in bringing him in for psychiatric treatment. If he remains at large in this agitated state, he will only be a danger to himself and others.

Even if he gets treated and calms down, it will be up to him to stay away from crack, as this is probably the major contributor to his anger, paranoia and agitation.

question about wellbutrin
Depakote Level For Bipolar Disorder Affecting Sustiva/Truvada Levels For HIV