question about wellbutrin

I have heard that wellbutrin is useless in the treatment of anxiety. Is this true because i have been given this pill for anxiety only?

Response from Dr. Horwath

I wouldn't say that it is useless, but there are much better drugs for the treatment of anxiety symptoms. Anxiety is sometimes a symptom of depression, and since wellbutrin is a good treatment for depression, it may help anxiety symptoms that are part of a depression.

In the absence of depression, other drugs like SSRIs, benzodiazepines and BuSpar are more useful for anxiety.

HIV dementia
Violence and depression + drugs