|question about wellbutrin
Nov 22, 2005
I have heard that wellbutrin is useless in the treatment of anxiety. Is this true because i have been given this pill for anxiety only?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
I wouldn't say that it is useless, but there are much better drugs for the treatment of anxiety symptoms. Anxiety is sometimes a symptom of depression, and since wellbutrin is a good treatment for depression, it may help anxiety symptoms that are part of a depression.
In the absence of depression, other drugs like SSRIs, benzodiazepines and BuSpar are more useful for anxiety.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Fever A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Itchy Vagina A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Penis Discharge A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.