Nov 22, 2005
I know the recommended dose of Lexapro is 10-20mg. My psychiatrist has increased my dose to 30mg once daily and i have been tolerating this dose well, but is that a safe dose? I have been on 30mg for about 4-5 months now.
Response from Dr. Horwath
The 10-20 mg dose range for Lexapro is the range suggested by the manufacturer based upon the studies that led to the drug's approval by the FDA. In clinical practice, doctors often prescribe medications at doses, and sometimes for indications, outside those initially recommended. If you don't have any adverse effects of the medication, and it is benefitting you, then I'm sure that this dose is safe for you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Vomiting An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.