Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

how can I help myself with bipolar?
Nov 8, 2005

Hi I am 29 widowed mother of a hiv- 2 yr old. I have been HIV+ for almost 2 years now. I am not on any meds. I am however VERY depressed. I want to know if there are herbs that will help me fight this. I feel like my daughter is not getting all she deserves from me. If i could all I would do is sleep, eat and cry. I hate my life. My daughter is my only resaon for living and i am starting to think she would be better off with out me as well. PLEASE help me. I am to ashamed to ask my doctors. I always tell them all is well, then after my visit I crash for two days, cause it takes all I have to get up and go there.

Response from Dr. Horwath

You are suffering from a serious depression. You need to speak to your doctors about getting treatment for this. Herbs alone will not help you recover from this type of depression. There is no reason to be ashamed to approach your doctors. Depression is not a sign of weakness or any other cause for shame. Depression is an illness caused by biological and chemical changes in the brain, and like other illnesses, it is not your fault. Be open and honest with your doctors or seek out a psychiatrist or other mental health professional to get you the treatment you need.

Previous
EFFECT OF HIV
Next
hiv dementia

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.