how can I help myself with bipolar?

Hi I am 29 widowed mother of a hiv- 2 yr old. I have been HIV+ for almost 2 years now. I am not on any meds. I am however VERY depressed. I want to know if there are herbs that will help me fight this. I feel like my daughter is not getting all she deserves from me. If i could all I would do is sleep, eat and cry. I hate my life. My daughter is my only resaon for living and i am starting to think she would be better off with out me as well. PLEASE help me. I am to ashamed to ask my doctors. I always tell them all is well, then after my visit I crash for two days, cause it takes all I have to get up and go there.

Response from Dr. Horwath

You are suffering from a serious depression. You need to speak to your doctors about getting treatment for this. Herbs alone will not help you recover from this type of depression. There is no reason to be ashamed to approach your doctors. Depression is not a sign of weakness or any other cause for shame. Depression is an illness caused by biological and chemical changes in the brain, and like other illnesses, it is not your fault. Be open and honest with your doctors or seek out a psychiatrist or other mental health professional to get you the treatment you need.

EFFECT OF HIV
hiv dementia