trying to self diagnos

I am a 37 year old female afraid of being infected with hiv. I'm terrified to get a test and look for every sign and symptom. I need help, or somebody to talk to.I'm afraid of facing this alone. I have never done drugs but since my divorce I'm questioning a partner I had. I feel so stupid.

Response from Dr. Horwath

You're not stupid. You're just afraid. It is understandable to feel apprehensive about the results of an HIV test, but you should not let it prevent you from going ahead and getting it. Putting it off only increases your fear and anxiety. Have a close friend go with you. Make sure that the clinic (or lab) gives you information on the nature and meaning of the test results.

What if I disagree with my husband's therapist?
I feel stupid