Feel Like Ending Life

-i was diagonised hiv+ this year on april when i underwent a pregnancy check-up.after delivering my man who is hiv - has really changed and he even gone to an extent of abusing me soo much.he even moved to live with another woman and this makes me feel soo sad.the man comes with the woman to where i live and the woman hauls abuses on me and tells me that i shouldnt consider having a normal man but only a mad person due to my status.i feels soo much hurt and i try to forgive her,no one expect one lady who loves me but all the rest they run away fron me.i feel like ending my life.please help me

Response from Dr. Horwath

First, you should do what you can to stop seeing this man and his woman friend. You don't need to be subjected to this kind of abuse.

Next, try to find some help some professional help. I don't know where you live or what's available, but any medical or mental health professional should be able to help you. HIV infection is not a cause for shame, but I do understand that many ignorant or poorly informed people still regard it as a stigmatizing condition. It is important for you to realize that HIV is a virus, that it is not a sign of moral weakness, and that good treatment is available to help you to remain healthy and lead a productive life.

Street at VA Medical Cntr
Too emotional