Street at VA Medical Cntr

I receive treatment at a VA Medical facility and have an ongoing stressful situation. One of the receptionist has indicated for quite a while that she 'likes' me, but I have no interest. During my last visit, I overheard comments about being gay and was subjected to rudeness and totally unprofessional conduct including unfriendly spectators from other sections of the hospital who were her friends. I need to continue quarterly visits, but dread the hostility. Please recommend the least stressful way to resolve this problem without involving my primary care physician.

Response from Dr. Horwath

If the behavior of the clinic staff (receptionist or other) is rude, inappropriate, disrespectful of patients such as yourself, or mocking, then you should report the behavior to her supervisor, to a clinic administrator or to your own physician.

You should not have to put up this when you're trying to take care of your medical treatment.

Tired of Drugs
Feel Like Ending Life