Depression & Anxiety
Aug 31, 2005
I had a severe Depression & Anxiety Spell about 7 yrs. ago, it took around 8 mos. to vanish, then it happened again last month. I thought it was just a one time occurance, but obviously not. So I made an appointment, I was wondering if properly medicated and treated will that be enough for it to not happen again?
Response from Dr. Horwath
Depression recurs in many people. The good news is that the treatment that worked for you the last time is very likely to again be effective for you. Some people who have multiple episodes of depression should remain on maintenance antidepressants to prevent future recurrences. You should discuss this option with your psychiatrist.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.