Another mother of HIV+ son

I have a son 22 HIV + and also the love of my life. I recently saw that another mother is also affected by her son's diagnosis. As mother's we want to be able to protect them and make things better and we can't with HIV. But I am trying to believe that he will have a normal life span - that is the only way I seem to get thru my days. He has a wonderful positive attitude I wish that I could have the same. Can I really have faith in the new meds and the prospect that he can have a fulfilling normal life? Or am I being unrealistic?

Response from Dr. Horwath

You can certainly have faith in the prospect that your son can have a fulfilling life. The current treatments help maintain good health and functioning and prolong life. There are many cases of people with HIV infection who have developed no illness in more than 20 years. We can't predict what will happen with your son, but you are right to be hopeful that he can have a long, productive and satisfying life. You are not being unrealistic.

What do I try next?
TROUBLED PRETEEN