Zoloft and Facial muscular ticks and abnormalities

I've been taking 200mg. of Zoloft daily for 4 years. My friends have noticed that in the past several months my face has some "odd" muscular positions,for example, my lips "stuck" in an outward position,like I'm puckering up for a big kiss! They tell me to put my face back to normal, and I can easily do it. Is this a side effect of the drug?

Response from Dr. Horwath

Drugs such as Zoloft (sertraline) and other SSRI's can cause movement disorders like facial twitches and restlessness.

However, movement disorders also occur as a result of many other medications. The lip puckering that you describe is most commonly seen with antipsychotic medications and other drugs that block dopamine receptors. This includes drugs like Compazine (prochlorperazine) and Reglan (metoclopramide).

Movement disorders sometimes are caused by the direct effects of HIV as well.

Cant think and so forgetful
Seizures blamed on AIDS/HIV