Aug 31, 2005
I was just given my positive results today. I live in NYC, and know I have many opportunities for help. Do you recommend any doctors, or types of treatment? I am honestly naive to this, and was not expecting this result.
Response from Dr. Horwath
New York has many excellent HIV specialists. You can contact St. Vincent's Hospital, NYU Medical Center, NY-Presbyterian Hospital, Mt. Sinai Medical Center. Each of these hospitals (and others as well) has an excellent AIDS service. You are likely to get much better treatment if you seek help from someone who has a lot of experience in treating people with AIDS.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Std That Causes Sharp Pain On Left Side Of Stomach
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.