what is hiv dementia? what are its symptoms.

i sometimes feel that my lack of ability to understand simple things is cause to concern myself about having dementia. Simple things like traveling or buying things seem to confuse me. What are classic symptoms of hiv dementia? thanks

Response from Dr. Horwath

HIV-associated dementia has 3 types of symptoms: cognitive, motor and emotional. The cognitive symptoms include slowed down thinking, memory impairment, impairment in carrying out tasks (especially complex tasks that require planning or multiple steps), impairment in solving problems. The motor symptoms include tremor of the hands, arm and leg weakness, problems with walking, and incontinence. The emotional symptoms include apathy, social withdrawal, and (in people with advanced AIDS) hallucinations and agitation.

HIV and Psychosis
Bodybuilding Supplements Affect on Viral Load