Aug 31, 2005
How long can someone be on Effexor?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
If the Effexor (venlafaxine) is being used for treatment of depression or anxiety, if it is effective, and if it isn't causing any severe adverse effects, then you should remain on it unitl you fully recover from the depression or anxiety disorder.
People who have had only one episode of depression are often treated for 6 - 12 months and then tapered off the medicine. However, people who have had multiple episodes of depression, especially if severe, often remain on the drug that works indefinitely.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool Worried It Could Be Ars
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching An Open Scab?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Cold Feet After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.