Depression post HIV diagnosis

Hello, I'm a 16yo HIV + girl who was diagnosed 6 years ago. I didn't really go through much of a grieving period then, but now, aggravated by pressures of study I'm going through a bit of a rough patch - crying often and generally being irritable for long periods of time. I was wondering, is it possible for a person diagnosed to have repocussions of the grief/shock years later?

Response from Dr. Horwath

Frequent crying and irritable mood are symptoms of depression. This is not necessarily a reaction to the HIV+ diagnosis 6 years ago. Depression occurs in about 15% of women at some point in their lives. You should seek help by finding a psychologist or psychiatrist who can evaluate you and make appropriate recommendations for treatment. I would advise speaking to your parents or another trusted adult for help in finding the right professional assistance.

Leision on frontal lobe; judgement off and manic
How can I tell my best friend?