What to do

Recently, someone whom I started dating decided to tell me after a night of sex that he was HIV positive and could have infected me.

I wanted to use a condom and was told that it bothered him, and that it was fine.

Now I sit wondering if this person does this to many people as well as if I turn up positive is he responsible.

Response from Dr. Horwath

Your sexual partner was deceitful and irresponsible in what he said. However, this should serve as a reminder to all readers that each person is responsible to protect themselves, and reassurances from another person do not protect you from exposure to HIV infection. The best practice is to always use condoms.

dealing with everything, but want to deal better. HELP!
Bi Polar, Low testosterone acute HIV stage