Counselling related problem

Respected Sir I am HIV AIDS counsellor working for the PLWHA in India , Last week a young women came to me for testing and she informed me that she will kill herself if she knows that she is HIV+, she will be coming on next monday to take the report what can i do?

Response from Dr. Horwath

She is psychiatrically ill, quite likely very depressed, if she threatens to kill herself. She needs serious psychiatric treatment.

In any case, even a threat of suicide does not change the need to inform her of the results of her test. One of the goals of HIV counseling is to provide the test results accompanied by information on best to understand the meaning of the test, and that should include a message of hope on the benefits of treatment.

If she still persists in her suicide threats, then immediate psychiatric attention is required.

Insomnia troubles
dexadrine