Insomnia troubles

Two months ago my psychiatrist put me on Trazadone 50mg at bedtime to help me sleep. Almost immediately I began to show signs that my HIV treatment may be becoming less effective(thrush, fatigue, rash, etc.) My next bloodwork is scheduled for August. I stopped taking the Trazadone, but should get the Dr. to order an earlier HIV and CD4 count sooner? Also, can you recommend an OTC med that will help me deal with my insomnia?

Response from Dr. Horwath

The change in your medical condition had nothing to do with trazodone. It doesn't interfere with the medical treatment of HIV infection. You do need to consult with your doctor to see why your treatment is less effective, but trazadone is not the cause.

Wont have sex with me but with others
Counselling related problem