meds, doctors and me

I have been on HAART for about 2 years now, and have changed doctors three times. My first (and most beloved) doctor retired; the second just wasn't very responsive to my calls and questions, and now I find my current provider to be just as difficult to reach and speak with, when I have a med-related issue. I just switched meds (from Sustiva to Viramune) 2 weeks ago, and am not feeling well - I think it could be the Viramune affecting my liver but I really want to talk to my doc about it....the reply I get from his office is, " he returns calls in 24 hours, sorry"...well, I'M SORRY, but that's just not good enough for me...am I being insensitive/boorish, or am I justified in filing a complaint? If I can be reached on the weekends and after hours, and I'm a travel agent, then I think my doctor should make himself a bit more available to his HIV patients...am I wrong?

Response from Dr. Horwath

Your doctor should return urgent or emergency calls quickly, but if he has a busy practice, you may need to schedule an appointment to discuss routine matters.

When you say that you don't feel well, that covers a lot of possible conditions. Liver complications would usually present with other symptoms, such as nausea, abdominal pain or jaundice. You need to be examined and have some lab tests in order to determine the cause of your symptoms. Try to get an appointment to do this soon.

vitamins for fatigue/depression
new meds= nut house