vitamins for fatigue/depression

I have been diagnosed with treatment resistant depression which causes extreme fatigue My Doc and Counsellor are HIV specialists and we have tried many SSRIs etc over the past six years and nothing works. I have decided to stop attempting to use anti-depressants and this is a personal decision and I shall not go back on it. Therefore my next plan is to try vitamins. If you were to advise a patient who will not or cannot use anti-depressants what vitamins/dosages or other alternative remedies would you recommend? Prior to having HIV St johns Wort and Ginseng worked well for me but I realize now I can't use SJW. Thanks Tired in Frisco

Response from Dr. Horwath

There are excellent alternatives for treatment of so-called treatment resistant depression. If you haven't tried serotonin-norepinephrine uptake inhibitors, mood stabilizers, stimulants, or other augmenting agents, then you really haven't failed the available treatment alternatives.

I really can't advise you on vitamins because there is no firm scientific evidence supporting their effectiveness in treating depression.

HIV and delirium
meds, doctors and me