HIV + Male and with - female

My sister in Law has started a sexual relationship with an HIV positive Male without finding out much information about how to go about it as safely as possible. I have tried to find as much information as I can but there is not much available on hetrosexual relationships. I dont know wether what I read is exagerated, down to things like not kissing 1 hour after brushing your teeth. Is there things that they need to think about apart from the obvious of using condoms and lubricant, and how reliable is PEP for a broken condom.

Response from Dr. Horwath

In your sister-in-law's case, the highest risk of transmitting HIV is associated with having anal or vaginal sex with her HIV positive male partner. There is no significant risk associated with kissing.

You are correct that the use of condoms offers the most reliable protection. In addition, post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) for an accidental or unintended exposure (such as a broken condom)is very effective at reducing the risk of transmission.

rep on line
HIV and delirium