Where did I get this

I was diagnosed almost two years ago during a routine Life Insurance exam. I feel this was in some ways a blessing as I began treatment and am doing very well. I am extremely optimistic about my future. My question is I am a heterosexual married man and have never been unfaithful. I am not an IV drug user. The only blood contact that I know of that I have come into is being cut at a local barber shop in the back of my neck with a straight edge razor. I also got blood on me during a fight that broke out next to me one night at a bar with my wife. I have looked into this but their was no police report. We also contacted the board of health regarding the barber shop but they found nothing. They were also not there when I left with marks all over the back of my neck. My marriage is trying to survive but she focuses on the primary ways of contraction and this would not be one of them. I feel like I am guilty w/o cause. are there any statistics like mine? Even my doctors don't feel this should be my focus rather staying well which I am doing. I just cant believe I am the only one in this situation. Do you have any reccomendations or advice. I would like some peace in moving on. Do some people just never know?

Response from Dr. Horwath

Your doctors are right. Trying to discover the source in retrospect will not help you. At this point, you need to look to the present and taking care of yourself and your marriage, including protecting your wife. The important research for you is to better understand the HIV, how to maintain you nutrition and health, and how to monitor your progress with the help of a physician experienced in HIV/AIDS treatment.

OCD & HIV Meds
bipolar with psychosis and HIV