Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

SO SCARED about HIV-only 15-at the point of severe depression!
Mar 9, 2005

i am 15 and 5 weeks ago i had drunken protected sex with a 14 yr old virgin (i dint know her very well). I am worried because i have now got genital herpes and i have remembered that i 'fingered' her with a cut finger (done an hour previous). I have been feeling a bit lousy, had a v. slight sore throat,a bit of a cough(nothing major) slight headache, slight nausia, an ulca on my tongue and now my tonge looks a bit white (but there are no lesions) and i think i have fatigue around 5 weeks after contact. Apart from the tongue, these symptoms are on and off. I keep checking my lymph nodes and never know if they're swollen. I cry a lot and spend all my time at school worrying. I love my family so much and can't sleep! If i am positive and told my parents, i no they would go very angry at me and my mum wud be suicidal. Its 5 weeks since contact and i want 2 get tested-is this suitable time to get accurate results?? im so scared and worried!!!!!! It is terrible weather but even if this caused some symptoms this does not explain th herpes from a virgin and the tongue.

plz help me-wots the chance of having HIV or even AIDS from this contact bearing in mind it was a fresh cut. I try and comfort myself by saying wots the chance of a 14yr old female virgin having HIV/AIDS-but i also think ye, but wot r the chances of her having gen.herpes. IM SO SCARED!!

thank you

Response from Dr. Horwath

Most of the symptoms you describe do not occur so soon after an exposure. This is an excellent time to be tested, and being tested is the only way to resolve your concerns.

Previous
Recently Diagnosed
Next
AIDS, Depression, & Stress

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.