What are the last stages?

My cousin found out he was HIV positive three years ago. A year ago he was in the intensive care unit with a collasped lung. He pulled through with the help of a home health care nurse. Now one year later he is very ill except this time he has lost a tremendous amount of weight. I think he weighs 90 lbs. He can't hold his urine, he's weak and he falls, he can hardly breath and he is refusing treatment. That is his choice but it is hard on our family trying to lift him and clean up urine. Are these some of the last stages if there is any such thing?

Response from Dr. Horwath

Yes, it sounds like your cousin is severely ill, and in the advanced stages of AIDS. But if you want to understand his condition, it would be best to get his permission and speak to his physician about this.

my privacy
I'm only seventeen, i'm scared and in tears. HELP!!