Lifespan of HIV without a host
Feb 19, 2005
How long can the virus that causes HIV infection live outside of a carrier/host?
Response from Dr. Horwath
HIV does not survive well in an open environment. No one has been identified with HIV due to contact with an environmental surface. One exception to this is in drug injection syringes, since these are airtight and often contain blood from the injector.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Infection Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blood In Semen After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.