How quickly do symptoms appear ?
Feb 15, 2005
last week on a drunken night out i had a one night stand with a woman and had unprotected anal sex, after a few days i became very ill with flu like symptoms. I do not know the woman, could i have been infected ?
Response from Dr. Horwath
Yes, if you have unprotected sex with anyone (even if you know them), you could be infected. You need to practice safe sex in order to prevent infection.
However, your symptoms are not related to HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
- Can You Get Genital Herpes From A Cold Sore?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Kissing?
- What Stds Cause A Redness And Red Bumps On Penis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.