let it end

I have been living with HIV and now AIDS for over 7 years. I am tired of fighting, and just want it to end. I do great for a couple of months at a time, then bamm, I get sick and tired. I don't want to hurt my family, but I also don't want to deteriate to an invalent, I simply want it to take me home away from the pain.

Response from Dr. Horwath

Your desire for relief from pain and fatigue is understandable. However, if you are feeling hopeless about recovery or the chance of some improvement, please consider that this may be a symptom of depression. People sometimes feel hopeless as a result of depression rather than the true severity of their HIV illness. Sometimes, seeking treatment for the depression can lead to a recovery of hope and a renewed desire to live.

I encourage you to seek a psychiatric evaluation, and then treatment if it's appropriate.

Worried about getting HIV
In commited relationship and fear of being hiv positive