Feb 14, 2005
I'm a healthy male worried I might test Positive for HIV because of my night sweats, swollen salivary glands, neck and groin.
OR could it really be CMV? Are the symptoms similar?
Are there lots of other no name virus' that could be posing as HIV?
I'm worried, but the docs say....it must be something else.... My HIV test was done at 6 weeks. It's now 7 weeks, post risk date....
| Response from Dr. Horwath
If the HIV test is negative, then you are not infected with HIV. If you would like further reassurance, repeat the test at 3 months post-exposure. Better yet, avoid future exposure to the virus and practice safe sex.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Do Herpes Show Up Inside Your Mouth?
- What Type Of Cream Is Good For Using On Shingles?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Shingles?
- What If A Person With Hpv Uses The Restroom And Does Not Wash Their Hands Can You Get It?
- What Antibiotics Can Be Used To Cure Chlamydia?
- Western Blot Blood Test For Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.