Am I in depression?

Hi Dr.Horwath! I am 40yrs old man,hiv+ since 1998 no meds,living in Sweden as an asylum seeker with no right to work,travel,go school and so on.I am suffering with sever headache,sleep disorder,difficulty in concentration and remembering,lose of interst in life and thoughts of death.My doctor beilive these all related to my residence permit problem but me I disagree.Have no access to a psycriatist but hope to have so.My question is;Am I in depression?If yes,how can I resolve it.Hope to hear your advice soon. Dav.

Response from Dr. Horwath

Yes, it sounds very much like you are suffering from a depression. Your doctor is undoubtedly correct that your residency permit problems have contributed to your depression. However, you still need treatment, given the severity of your symptoms (especially thoughts of death). I advise finding a psychiatrist who can provide a good evaluation and appropriate psychological and medical treatment.

Paxil Vs. Lexapro
sustiva side effects