Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

my mom is in the last stages of aids
Feb 9, 2005

i would like to know more in depth of the last stages of aids. i am 24 yrs old and my family is in denial of my mother. they gave her two weeks to live twice which she has overcome. She lost her hair from the cemo,she's also had a stroke. my uncle authorized another set of cemo. so her condition now is very subtle. She can hardly speak because of lack of energy.She is also in hospice care. So if any of this information can lead you into answering my question of the final stages of aids

Response from Dr. Horwath

If your mother is receiving chemotherapy, then I assume that she also has some form of cancer.

If the doctors believe that her condition is terminal, then the most important thing to do is to make sure that she is comfortable and not suffering from unnecesary pain. The treatment of pain is often inadequate in end-of-life care. This is something that you can help your mother with, by ensuring that her pain is treated adequately.

Previous
Lymphogranuloma and Depression
Next
AIDS DEMENTIA...DRUGS AVAILABLE

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.