my mom is in the last stages of aids

i would like to know more in depth of the last stages of aids. i am 24 yrs old and my family is in denial of my mother. they gave her two weeks to live twice which she has overcome. She lost her hair from the cemo,she's also had a stroke. my uncle authorized another set of cemo. so her condition now is very subtle. She can hardly speak because of lack of energy.She is also in hospice care. So if any of this information can lead you into answering my question of the final stages of aids

Response from Dr. Horwath

If your mother is receiving chemotherapy, then I assume that she also has some form of cancer.

If the doctors believe that her condition is terminal, then the most important thing to do is to make sure that she is comfortable and not suffering from unnecesary pain. The treatment of pain is often inadequate in end-of-life care. This is something that you can help your mother with, by ensuring that her pain is treated adequately.

Lymphogranuloma and Depression
AIDS DEMENTIA...DRUGS AVAILABLE