very scared about getting test results

I am very scared about getting test results and want to know where I can go to get some help. I think I must be HIV positive. I have had unprotected sex several times over the years.

I went and got tested 3 times in the last year. I could not get the courage to go back and get the results.

I have insurance and have been trying to find a therapist that specializes with HIV and or Gay issues.

I asked where I got tested there are a prominent AIDS organization here where I live they told me they could only give me a referral only after I test positive.

I tried another AIDS organization they just referred me to a general help line. When I told them what kind of specialist I was looking for they could not help me and just referred to another clinic that could not help me.

I picked a general psychiatrist from the provider book and went to see him several times. I told him I have problems with anxiety about going to the doctor and fear of needles witch is some of the reasons I am scared of a positive HIV test. I know I will have a lifetime of blood testes. He Just talked to me for a short time and prescribed Librium I went back 3 times he tried changing the dose but it did not help. I was not comfortable talking to him so I did not go back to see him.

I have been trying to deal with these testing issues for over a year now. I thought that if I could find a therapist that specializes with gay issues or HIV issues to work me through my fears. If I test positive I will have a lot of issues coming out to my family

I hope you can help me.

Thanks

John

Response from Dr. Horwath

Step one is getting the test results to determine if you have HIV infection. Some testing sites have the rapid HIV tests, which may help you get past the anxiety of waiting for a result.

In any case, whether you test negative or positive, you need to make a change in your risk behaviors. Use condoms and other appropriate precautions when having sex, and you will protect yourself, and avoid a great deal of unnecessary worry.

are these symtoms of a siezure?
Newer Tests that detect in 2-3 weeks