transmission to kids question

I tested positive about 2 1/2 years ago, and was told I probably had HIV for about 10 years. My question is this: I am married with two children. My wife and kids have tested negative. I count myself and my family lucky, but don't understand how that can be possible, and am always waiting for someone to start showing symptoms-would this have happened by now? My wife has been tested at least 2x,and came back negative, but what about the kids?

Response from Dr. Horwath

If your wife and kids have tested negative, then they will not develop symptoms (unless, God forbid, they are infected in the future).

You can be positive and your wife negative because the risk of HIV transmission is based on many factors. These factors include the use of condoms, the frequency of sex, types of sexual acts (oral vs. vaginal vs anal), viral load, presence of other sexually transmitted diseases, etc.

I agree that your wife and children are blessed by not being infected.

injection of hiv
Bi-Polar