early hiv + with neuropathy
Dec 13, 2004
i've become infected with the hiv recently (about 6 month) i'm having symptoms of neuropathy (tingling, numb, burning and lightning-like pain). please tell me how i can control these pain.. thank you
Response from Dr. Horwath
Consult a doctor with experience treating patients with HIV. The symptoms that you describe are consistent with peripheral neuropathy, which often responds to modest doses of amitriptyline (50 mg at bedtime) or gabapentin.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Who Is At Greater Risk To Get Hiv Top Or Bottom Transmission?
- Is Running Chronic Low-grade Fever A Symptom Of Hiv?
- Nail Fungus Occurs At What Stage Of Hiv
- Does Truvada Cause Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Does A Blood Culture Check For Hiv Or Aids?
- How Long Does It Take For Trazodone To Eliminate Neuropathy?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.