Dementia

Can Dementia lessen or get better as times goes by and a person is on HAART meds? My viral load is getting low and my CD4 count is going up. My mind feels sharper than it has for a while. Does it work this way?

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Antiviral medications that cross from the blood stream into the brain can definitely reduce the neuropsychiatric symptoms of HIV. I have had numerous patients report that after going on HAART their mental clarity increased, their short term memory improved and their mood improved. I am glad to hear that you are one of the lucky people for whom HAART is working in this way. Michael Shernoff, MSW

Does Medicare pay for mental health therapy
forgiveness