Will get HIV
Nov 17, 2004
Doctor, I have been living with a number of people who have HIV/AIDS. about one month ago, I took a patient to the hospital and it happened he was injected and the blood spread over his clothes. I just could not help me and asked for help of the doctor nearby. Since then I am so afraid that I might get the deases one day since on that day, I came to notice that the blood also in my hand and around my nose. Thank you for replying me. yours.
Response from Dr. Horwath
Personal contact such as you describe is very low risk. Even getting blood on your hands would be a problem only if you had open sores or cuts. You are suffering from anxiety.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv From Spit Or Tears?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Treatment For Hair Loss From Syphilis?
- What Happens When Two People Who Have Herpes Have Unprotected Sex?
- What Do Herpes Symptoms Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.