Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Will get HIV
Nov 17, 2004

Doctor, I have been living with a number of people who have HIV/AIDS. about one month ago, I took a patient to the hospital and it happened he was injected and the blood spread over his clothes. I just could not help me and asked for help of the doctor nearby. Since then I am so afraid that I might get the deases one day since on that day, I came to notice that the blood also in my hand and around my nose. Thank you for replying me. yours.

Response from Dr. Horwath

Personal contact such as you describe is very low risk. Even getting blood on your hands would be a problem only if you had open sores or cuts. You are suffering from anxiety.

Previous
condom broke with one night stand
Next
Dr. Horwath, Very Scared, Probably Unnecessarily - Please Help!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.