|possibility of HIV infection
Nov 1, 2004
I am a 25 year-old female who has had unprotected sex with an HIV positive man many times. His viral load is very low. I also have acute Hepatitis B. What are the chances I will get HIV? Do repeated sexual encounters increase the risk?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
Yes, repeated sexual encounters increase the risk. A low viral load should not be a source of reassurance. You need to use protection when you have sex with any man, whether you know that he is HIV positive or not.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.